Sunday 16 October 2011

German craftsmanship is just amazing!

It's such a nice sunny Sunday, so I visited Kunst und Nostalgie Markt (Art flea market near the Museum Island) today.  I like antiques and have already been to Trödelmarkt, Trödelmarkt auf dem Boxhagener Platz, Flohmarkt am Mauerpark, and Flohmarkt nahe Ostbanhof.  Personally, I like Trödelmarkt auf dem Boxhagener Platz because far from being touristy, but some stalls at Kunst und Nostalgie Markt were really interesting.  Old books in cool binding which were published in East Germany, LP records, old photos, old stamps etc... you'll easily forget a few hours.


Druckstöcke (printing block in German) which has around 500 years history was amazingly elaborate.  They include lots of fantasy and dreams.  I heard that only 4 Druckstöcke makers survive in Germany now.  Keeping great traditions sounds tough everywhere.  

 Can you find 2 cameramans?  Oh, I also found a potter!



A buckle craftsman wearing a tweed jacket.


He was working hard.  His yellow measure with lots of holes intrigued me a lot.



Cosmos in the road.  They are familiar not only in Japan but here too.  My Sunday finished quickly.   


No comments:

Post a Comment